Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Writing Reflection


photo:http://www.flickr.com/photos/bio_inc/257858772/

Ideas and Content

My writing made sense most of the time, and i had an okay topic sentence. My topic sentences were sometimes off-topic. I think this was because I was confused about the topic of the essay. I explained how my quotations relate to the main idea for the Alchemist essay, but not the Julius Caesar essay because I didn’t have enough time. To improve my writing, I can ask my friends/teachers for help.

Organization

My writing had the correct essay format: introduction, 2~3 paragraphs, conclusion. But my paragraphs didn't have the correct format: topic sentence, evidence, explanation......etc. I can improve my writing's organization by making sure everything is in my writing, and it is in the correct order.

Personal Growth

My growth as a writer doesn't show in my Julius Caesar essay. This was because we only had 80 minutes to finish the Julius Caesar essay, and we had about 2~3 weeks to finish our Alchemist essay. I think my Alchemist essay is better, because I had more time to revise it, and i got help from teachers and friends.

SLR Reflection

One SLR I used while writing my essay was communicate effectively. (alchemist essay) I revised it a lot of times to check if my writing makes sense, and if i'm communicating to the reader well.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

My Blog List