Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lost Boys of Sudan Collage Reflection




Think Creatively
I used think creatively by putting on meaningful pictures. On the part where the Lost Boys lived in America, I put a phone, with speech bubbles with money and the red cross. The line is connecting Sudan to America. It shows how the people in Sudan wanted help and money from the Lost Boys in America. I also splashed red paint on the war part to show how bloody and horrible the war was. These were the creative elements on my collage.

Reason Critically
The meaningful words I used in my collage describes my understanding of the Lost Boy's situation. I used words like death, destruction and survival to show the situation of the genocide, and I used words like hope, peace and sympathy to show how the Lost Boy's thought America will be like. These words I selected highlights my understanding for the Lost Boy's situation.

Communicate Effectively
I think that my six word memoir creates awareness for the Lost Boy's plight. "Cries of despair, loss, what next?". My six word memoir shows how the Lost Boys were feeling right after the war in their village. People crying because they lost their families and friends, and they're asking what will happen next? This shows how the Lost Boys lost everything, and how they desperately need help. My six word memoir creates awareness for the Lost Boys' plight.

Live Ethically
The pictures I selected demonstrated empathy and evoked emotional response for my viewers. Most of the pictures I chose shows the struggle the Lost Boys' had for the whole journey. Pictures that show racism, war, survival and death. These pictures might encourage my viewers to do something about this problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

My Blog List